- Follow Unschooling To University (And College Too) on WordPress.com
- How to Motivate Children to Do Assignments: Think Outside the Box
- Unschoolers Excel in High School With No Previous Schooling
- All Children Learn to Read Without Direct Instruction
- Children Learn To Write When They Have Something To Say
- You Did It!
- New Homeschoolers! Relax! Children Never Stop Learning!
- Unschooling and Self-Directed Education: How children learn without school and homeschooling
- 16 Problems with Online/Virtual Learning
- The Stages of Play and Friendship
- Government Oversight of Homeschooling is Over-rated
- What do Kids do All Day if Not Directed by Adults?
- Healthy Families Are Always the Best Learning Environment
- 15 Problems with Testing Unschoolers and Homeschoolers
- Screen Time Research: Who To Believe?
- Unschooling Explained on CTV Newsclip
- Unschooling and Brain Development/Learning Stages
- Unschooling 101
- Unschooling To University – BT Television Interview
- Unschooling To University – CTV Interview
- Unschooling Research: Podcast with Ben Greenfield
- What is Unschooling? Global Homeschooling Summit 2019 Session
- “Educated” is a Story of Resilience from ACES (Adverse Childhood Experiences), and is Not Representative of Home Education
- Letting Go When Teens Don’t Want To Travel
- The Secret of Motivating Kids To Learn Cursive
- Push Back Against Unnecessary Government Regulation of Home Education
- Video Games Give Kids A Bigger Academic Edge Than Homework
- Unschooling FAQ – Societal Concerns
- Unschooling FAQ – Academic Concerns
- Unschooling FAQ – Social Concerns
- All Children Are Equal But Some Children Are More Equal Than Others
- What If They Play Video Games All Day?
- Mandatory Online Learning Places Parents as Unpaid School Administrators
- The Unschooled Engineer
- Unschooling To University: Book FAQ
- Bypassing the School Curriculum Gives Your Child an Advantage: Reading and Writing
- Respectful Cellphone-Video Game Contract
- 10 Reasons to Get the Degree (or Certificate or Diploma)
- Community Spirit Begins at Home
- STEM Classes for Kids: Do they help or hinder curiosity?
- Self-Directed Kids Don’t Miss Out on Learning Pro-Social Behaviours
- “Wait until they have to get up early for a real job; then they will be in shock by the real world.”
- Screen Time Mitigates Summer Learning Loss
- Unschooling and Self-Directed Education: How children learn without school and homeschool
- The Door Stopper
- You Don’t Have to be Like Your Parents
- Benefits of Travelling With Your Children
- Winter Play Ideas
- Play Ideas for The Dog Days of Summer
- The “Back to School” Schedule When You Unschool
- Handling a Bad Report Card When Unschoolers Choose School
- Ways to Learn Math Without a Workbook
- Socialization: It’s More Than Having Friends
- The $120 Swim Lesson: Should you push children to go to lessons they hate or let them drop them?
- Escaping the Peer Pressure to Use Preschool
- Are All-Inclusive Vacations Educational?
- Unschooling and STEM Careers
- Education Options for Children Ages 3-5 years
- A Day in the Life of an Unschooling Family
- Real World Math
- How to Unschool/Homeschool
- Isn’t Minecraft Educational?
- Is It a Discipline Issue or a Development Issue? Problem-solving With Young Children
- 10 Most Common Worries of Prospective Homeschoolers and Unschoolers
- Unschooling: What it is and how to do it
- What is Unschooling?
- How to Unschool to University – Video
Ages and Stages
Search Results for: educated
“Educated” is a Story of Resilience from ACES (Adverse Childhood Experiences), and is Not Representative of Home Education
As the author of “Unschooling To University,” I read “Educated” with interest and know that the author, Tara Westover, is very much like many other unschoolers who ditch the school system and learn outside of it. Hundreds of thousands of … Continue reading
This week, Erin O’Donnell wrote a caustic article published in Harvard Magazine on why Harvard Law School’s Child Advocacy Program director believes that governments should not allow homeschooling. Elizabeth Bartholet, the CAP program director is organizing a conference in June … Continue reading
Unschooling 101 Yes, you can quit school, get an education, and go on to university and college! In one sentence, what is unschooling? Unschooling is education whereby the learner determines what he learns (content, pace, depth), when he learns it … Continue reading
Like UBER, Amazon and AirBnB, home education is a billion dollar industry disruptor. The advancement of the internet enables students to be borderless and no longer constrained to their particular government’s provision of education. Classes can be taken from other … Continue reading
The government war on choice in education shows up in funding: An unequal funding model shuts down educational choice Choice in education means every child deserves full 100% funding for their parent’s choice in education delivery program, whether public, … Continue reading
How does unschooling work when a child is a teenager and is beginning to choose a career path? Many people are fine letting young children play away their day, but what about when the time comes to start thinking about … Continue reading
Based on the book, Unschooling To University, this video encapsulates how children’s brains develop, how children learn without teaching, and why self-directed education is the most motivating and individualized education possible. Presented by Judy Arnall, BA, CCFE, DTM, certified in … Continue reading
#unschoolingtouniversity “A government has 600,000 students…A school board has 200,000 students… A principal has 600 students…Your family has 100 relatives…An online teacher has 90 students…Your child has you…Trust your instinct. You know what’s best for your child.” … Continue reading