- Follow Unschooling To University (And College Too) on WordPress.com
- No “Summer-slide” Learning Loss Because Unschooling Education is Year Round
- When Kids Want to Try School
- Does More Funding Yield More Quality in Education? No!
- Deschooling Ourselves and Growing Trust in Unschooling
- Teacher-Directed and Print-Based Programs are the Worst of the Worst of “At-home” School Programs
- Unschooling Social Studies
- Unschooling STEM – Learning Multiplication Tables
- Go Ahead. Take a Gap Year in Grade School.
- If Your Child Doesn’t Understand a Concept, Let It Go!
- Evidence of Learning: If a child breathes, they learn
- All Children Have Gaps In Learning, Whether in School or Outside of School
- Fire is Just as Much Science as Water
- Unschooling STEM
- Create a Learning Environment that Teaches Without Textbooks
- How to Motivate Children to Do Assignments Without Tears and Tantrums
- Unschoolers Excel in High School With No Previous Schooling
- All Children Learn to Read Without Direct Instruction
- Children Learn To Write When They Have Something To Say
- You Did It!
- New Homeschoolers! Relax! Children Never Stop Learning!
- Unschooling and Self-Directed Education: How children learn without school and homeschooling
- 16 Problems with Online/Virtual Learning
- The Stages of Play and Friendship
- Government Oversight of Homeschooling is Over-rated
- What do Kids do All Day if Not Directed by Adults?
- Healthy Families Are Always the Best Learning Environment
- 15 Problems with Testing Unschoolers and Homeschoolers
- Screen Time Research: Who To Believe?
- Unschooling Explained on CTV Newsclip
- Unschooling and Brain Development/Learning Stages
- Unschooling 101
- Unschooling To University – BT Television Interview
- Unschooling To University – CTV Interview
- Unschooling Research: Podcast with Ben Greenfield
- What is Unschooling? Global Homeschooling Summit 2019 Session
- “Educated” is a Story of Resilience from ACES (Adverse Childhood Experiences), and is Not Representative of Home Education
- Letting Go When Teens Don’t Want To Travel
- The Secret of Motivating Kids To Learn Cursive
- Push Back Against Unnecessary Government Regulation of Home Education
- Video Games Give Kids A Bigger Academic Edge Than Homework
- Unschooling FAQ – Societal Concerns
- Unschooling FAQ – Academic Concerns
- Unschooling FAQ – Social Concerns
- All Children Are Equal But Some Children Are More Equal Than Others
- What If They Play Video Games All Day?
- Mandatory Online Learning Places Parents as Unpaid School Administrators
- The Unschooled Engineer
- Unschooling To University: Book FAQ
- Bypassing the School Curriculum Gives Your Child an Advantage: Reading and Writing
- Respectful Cellphone-Video Game Contract
- 10 Reasons to Get the Degree (or Certificate or Diploma)
- Community Spirit Begins at Home
- STEM Classes for Kids: Do they help or hinder curiosity?
- Self-Directed Kids Don’t Miss Out on Learning Pro-Social Behaviours
- “Wait until they have to get up early for a real job; then they will be in shock by the real world.”
- Screen Time Mitigates Summer Learning Loss
- Unschooling and Self-Directed Education: How children learn without school and homeschool
- The Door Stopper and Unschooling STEM
- You Don’t Have to be Like Your Parents
- Benefits of Travelling With Your Children
- Winter Play Ideas
- Play Ideas for The Dog Days of Summer
- The “Back to School” Schedule When You Unschool
- Handling a Bad Report Card When Unschoolers Choose School
- Ways to Learn Math Without a Workbook
- Socialization: It’s More Than Having Friends
- The $120 Swim Lesson: Should you push children to go to lessons they hate or let them drop them?
- Escaping the Peer Pressure to Use Preschool
- Are All-Inclusive Vacations Educational?
- Unschooling and STEM Careers
- Education Options for Children Ages 3-5 years
- A Day in the Life of an Unschooling Family
- Real World Math
- How to Unschool/Homeschool
- Isn’t Minecraft Educational?
- Is It a Discipline Issue or a Development Issue? Problem-solving With Young Children
- 10 Most Common Worries of Prospective Homeschoolers and Unschoolers
- Unschooling: What it is and how to do it
- What is Unschooling?
- How to Unschool to University – Video
Ages and Stages
Category Archives: Babies, Toddlers and Preschoolers Ages 0-5
From our website at http://www.unschoolingcanada.ca Worried that your child is not reading yet? Tried phonics? Tried Whole language? Tried APPs? It is not your child’s fault or your fault. It is because your child’s brain needs time to mature. Learning … Continue reading
You can’t force a child to learn and you can’t stop a child from learning! Life is learning…and all children are born curious…let them lead their learning. #unschooling #homeschooling #letlearnerslead
New Homeschoolers! Please-Stop-Worrying! If you have a child between Kindergarten and Grade 3 that you are homeschooling this Fall, please DO NOT worry about whether they will be academically ready to go back to school Fall 2021. I guarantee you … Continue reading
Most parents can teach their children without curriculum until a grade 7 level. They just need to regain their parenting confidence after 150 years of schooling giving the message that only teachers teach. Parents are the first teachers and self-learners … Continue reading
This week, Erin O’Donnell wrote a caustic article published in Harvard Magazine on why Harvard Law School’s Child Advocacy Program director believes that governments should not allow homeschooling. Elizabeth Bartholet, the CAP program director is organizing a conference in June … Continue reading
Excerpted from Unschooling To University, by Judy Arnall Listen to the podcast: 15 problems with testing unschoolers and homeschoolers Testing is the most common form of assessment in schools. Yet it is problematic in un- schooling and homeschooling because … Continue reading
Many parents worry about screen time, especially after reading the latest study that involves children their children’s ages. However, how does one sort through the myths from the facts? It is becoming increasingly difficult. Screen time addiction was not listed … Continue reading