- Follow Unschooling To University (And College Too) on WordPress.com
Unschooling To University
- Home Educated Kids are Not Sheltered
- Children Will Learn Calculus When They Really Need It
- Children Learn Grammar, Spelling and Vocabulary Without Being Taught
- Can Unschoolers Attend College or University? YES!
- Terminology Matters: It’s Education, Not Schooling
- Home Education Only Takes 1/10th the Time of Classroom and Online School
- No “Summer-slide” Learning Loss Because Unschooling Education is Year Round
- When Kids Want to Try School
- Does More Funding Yield More Quality in Education? No!
- Deschooling Ourselves and Growing Trust in Unschooling
- Teacher-Directed and Print-Based Programs are the Worst of the Worst of “At-home” School Programs
- Unschooling Social Studies
- Unschooling STEM – Learning Multiplication Tables
- Go Ahead. Take a Gap Year in Grade School.
- If Your Child Doesn’t Understand a Concept, Let It Go!
- Evidence of Learning: If a child breathes, they learn
- All Children Have Gaps In Learning, Whether in School or Outside of School
- Fire is Just as Much Science as Water
- Unschooling STEM
- Create a Learning Environment that Teaches Without Textbooks
- How to Motivate Children to Do Assignments Without Tears and Tantrums
- Unschoolers Excel in High School With No Previous Schooling
- All Children Learn to Read Without Direct Instruction
- Children Learn To Write When They Have Something To Say
- You Did It!
- New Homeschoolers! Relax! Children Never Stop Learning!
- Unschooling and Self-Directed Education: How children learn without school and homeschooling
- 16 Problems with Online/Virtual Learning
- The Stages of Play and Friendship
- Government Oversight of Homeschooling is Over-rated
- What do Kids do All Day if Not Directed by Adults?
- Healthy Families Are Always the Best Learning Environment
- 15 Problems with Testing Unschoolers and Homeschoolers
- Screen Time Research: Who To Believe?
- Unschooling Explained on CTV Newsclip
- Unschooling and Brain Development/Learning Stages
- Unschooling 101
- Unschooling To University – BT Television Interview
- Unschooling To University – CTV Interview
- Unschooling Research: Podcast with Ben Greenfield
- What is Unschooling? Global Homeschooling Summit 2019 Session
- “Educated” is a Story of Resilience from ACES (Adverse Childhood Experiences), and is Not Representative of Home Education
- Letting Go When Teens Don’t Want To Travel
- The Secret of Motivating Kids To Learn Cursive
- Push Back Against Unnecessary Government Regulation of Home Education
- Video Games Give Kids A Bigger Academic Edge Than Homework
- Unschooling FAQ – Societal Concerns
- Unschooling FAQ – Academic Concerns
- Unschooling FAQ – Social Concerns
- All Children Are Equal But Some Children Are More Equal Than Others
- What If They Play Video Games All Day?
- Mandatory Online Learning Places Parents as Unpaid School Administrators
- The Unschooled Engineer
- Unschooling To University: Book FAQ
- Bypassing the School Curriculum Gives Your Child an Advantage: Reading and Writing
- Respectful Cellphone-Video Game Contract
- 10 Reasons to Get the Degree (or Certificate or Diploma)
- Community Spirit Begins at Home
- STEM Classes for Kids: Do they help or hinder curiosity?
- Self-Directed Kids Don’t Miss Out on Learning Pro-Social Behaviours
- “Wait until they have to get up early for a real job; then they will be in shock by the real world.”
- Screen Time Mitigates Summer Learning Loss
- Unschooling and Self-Directed Education: How children learn without school and homeschool
- The Door Stopper and Unschooling STEM
- You Don’t Have to be Like Your Parents
- Benefits of Travelling With Your Children
- Winter Play Ideas
- Play Ideas for The Dog Days of Summer
- The “Back to School” Schedule When You Unschool
- Handling a Bad Report Card When Unschoolers Choose School
- Ways to Learn Math Without a Workbook
- Socialization: It’s More Than Having Friends
- The $120 Swim Lesson: Should you push children to go to lessons they hate or let them drop them?
- Escaping the Peer Pressure to Use Preschool
- Are All-Inclusive Vacations Educational?
- Unschooling and STEM Careers
- Education Options for Children Ages 3-5 years
- A Day in the Life of an Unschooling Family
- Real World Math
- How to Unschool/Homeschool
- Isn’t Minecraft Educational?
- Is It a Discipline Issue or a Development Issue? Problem-solving With Young Children
- 10 Most Common Worries of Prospective Homeschoolers and Unschoolers
- Unschooling: What it is and how to do it
- What is Unschooling?
- How to Unschool to University – Video
Ages and Stages
Tag Archives: evidence
Does More Funding Yield More Quality in Education? No!
Whenever major events such as COVID occur, the first cry of battle is “more funding!,” by various interest groups in education. But does more funding translate into measurable results? Let us look at statistics from the education ministry in the … Continue reading
Posted in Babies, Toddlers and Preschoolers Ages 0-5, Elementary-Primary Children Ages 5-12, High School Children Ages 15-18, Homeschooling, How to Unschool, Junior High School Children Ages 12-15, University-College Ages 18-25, What is Unschooling?, Why Unschool? Tagged #unschoolingSTEM, #unschoolingtouniversity, evidence, exams, Homeschooling, studies, unschooling, works Leave a comment
Evidence of Learning: If a child breathes, they learn
Assessment. Evaluation. Judgement. To a parent of a homeschooled child, it all means the same. A representative from a school is going to enter one’s home and make a judgement on the learning of their homeschooled child. It feels like … Continue reading
Posted in Babies, Toddlers and Preschoolers Ages 0-5, Democratic Parenting, Elementary-Primary Children Ages 5-12, High School Children Ages 15-18, Homeschooling, How to Unschool, Junior High School Children Ages 12-15, University-College Ages 18-25, What is Unschooling?, Why Unschool? Tagged assessment, evaulation, evidence, how to assess, learning, proof, proving learning, unschooling Leave a comment